Maternity clothes have gone a long way over the years. Pregnancy has also been a phase where the woman can show how sexy she can be. Today, there are variable clothes for business, formal wear, and even lingerie specifically for the pregnant woman.
Pregnancy may now be equated to, “how stylish can you get!”
A problem that would occur is how much money you are willing to spend on maternity clothes. This is because it is only worn for a short period. Not every body is like Angelina Jolie or Katie Holmes that can sport designer clothes during pregnancy and then just stuff it back in the closet like it wasn’t that expensive.
On the brighter side of things, these celebrities show us that there are maternity clothes that are fashionable, where you could still be yourself. Well, this is opposed to unflattering maternity pants and tent-like dresses.
Here are some solutions where you can dress like celebrity pregnant moms but still be within the budget.
1. Get your money’s worth. Select clothes that you can wear while you’re pregnant all the way to your nursing stage. Another suggestion would buy clothes that could go well with your existing clothes that still fit.
2. Borrow. There is nothing wrong with borrowing your sister’s or aunt’s maternity clothes. Here you save money. The problem is you just have to let their sense of style work for you.
3. Plus size rocks! Sometimes, just plus sizes of the average clothing would work for you. No need to buy special maternity clothes. Often, plus sizes cost less than clothes meant for pregnant women.
4. Look through your husband’s clothes. This speaks for itself.
5. Look for discounts and sales. Raid the malls with sales. Visit factory outlets and yard sales to look for some cheap clothing.
Now you know where to look for the maternity clothes for at less cost. However, sometimes we have no choice but to shop for new ones.
Here are is the list of steps to follow in shopping for maternity clothes.
1. Know you’re before pregnancy size and shop for it. Most shops base their sizes on your size before you were pregnant. This way they can estimate how big you are going to get.
2. Keyword: Stretch. Buy clothes that can stretch. These clothes would be made up of 4-10% elastin or spandex. This would ensure that the clothes will expand while you do.
3. Consider your growing belly. Thus, check the maternity clothes’ cuts. There should be room for the growth of the belly.
4. Buy dresses that would flow down to your knees or lower. This is because the hem will rise when your belly gets bigger.
5. Buy more tops than bottoms. Mix and match the different tops with the bottom.
6. When trying the maternity clothes, feel how it wraps around your tummy and if the breasts are comfortable.
7. Buy only two to three bras because the breasts tend to grow bigger after pregnancy.
8. Splurge on only one outfit. This one outfit can be used for special occasions when pregnant.
NOTE: It is recommended that solids are preferred over stripes and prints during pregnancy. This is because stripes and prints emphasize how large you are.
Pregnancy is not an excuse to forget about your style. Even during pregnancy, you can express yourself through your clothing. This simple guide can advance you to the road to the maternity fashion highway.